Smart Key battery or a different issue?!

Das Yamaha NMAX Technik Forum
Antworten
GoodKat

Smart Key battery or a different issue?!

Beitrag von GoodKat »

Themenstarter

Hello, friends,

First of all I want to apologize for using English but I don't speak German, therefore thank you who spends time to read / translate my post.

The thing goes like this: a few days ago I came home from the city and after the scooter was shut down by using the knob, the key symbol flashed several times and also the bike emitted several beeps (like 7-8 beeps). This never happened before.

Anyway, I didn't paid much attention to this but after 10 minutes I wanted to start the scooter. The central knob wasn't responding to any commands, it was locked. The LED from the smart key was functioning if the smart key button was pressed.

I said to myself that maybe the smart key battery was becoming faulty so I've opened the key, checked the battery, closed the key and now the scooter was responsive to the smart key.

I've noticed that you can lock the scooter by pressing for several seconds on the key button and it behaves exactly like what I've described above, minus the flashing / beeping sequence.

I couldn't find in the manual a way to decode the beeping / flashing sequence. Is there such a thing in the manual or on the forum?

Oh, and another question: when you press the central knob, the scooter beeps 3 times (as it normally does). Today I could hear that beep but it was on a very low volume...lower than usual. Can the volume be adjusted somehow?

Thank you!
Mufflon

Galerie

Re: Smart Key battery or a different issue?!

Beitrag von Mufflon »

Sorry, i can't help you for this. My Nmax ist to old (2016) and haven't this keyless. I would call your dealer for the problem. Have a nice day.

Bye, Klaus
DerSchrOEder

Beitrag von DerSchrOEder »

Hello,

are you sure you are on the right board?
Or: Which scooter do you have exactly?

My Nmax 125 (2021) doesn't make any beeping noises when I press the key and I can't lock the scooter with the smartkkey either.

But I also had the phenomenon with the 7-8 beeps after the key was re-recognized,
because I replaced the scooter battery.

The Nmax (2021) by using the button in the center console, not with the key.
GoodKat

Beitrag von GoodKat »

Themenstarter

Hello there,

I have an Nmax 155 (2023) so I think that this is the right board :P :P :P Well, I'm 100% sure you can do that, but you need to press in a certain way on the key. For example, a long press (about 3-5 seconds) will make the scooter unresponsive even though the smart key is close to it. To make it responsive, you need to long press the key button again.

When it comes to sounds, there are two distinct subjects:

1. It is the localization feature (I've described above), where you can press the key button so the scooter blinks the turn lights and emits a sound so you can find in in a parkin lot.
2. There are three low volume beeps coming from the dash area each time when you press the center knob.

There is a video on YouTube but it seems that I am not allowed to post URLs because I am a new member.

Cheers,
Alex
DerSchrOEder

Ah ok... then welcome 😉😎

It seems, the Nmax 125 (2021) does not have this function, there is only the function of localization by activating the turn lights, but no sound.
Nice feature i think, but so far i have always found my scooter 😄

So, than I have no idea, sorry.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
GoodKat

Beitrag von GoodKat »

Themenstarter

DerSchrOEder hat geschrieben: Sa 20. Mai 2023, 11:59 Ah ok... then welcome 😉😎

It seems, the Nmax 125 (2021) does not have this function, there is only the function of localization by activating the turn lights, but no sound.
Nice feature i think, but so far i have always found my scooter 😄

So, than I have no idea, sorry.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm almost sure it does, but you need to activate it. :mrgreen:
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich beim Autor GoodKat für den Beitrag:
DerSchrOEder (So 21. Mai 2023, 11:19)
SPONGEBOB

Galerie

Beitrag von SPONGEBOB »

Der schroeder: der nmax 125 hat die pieptöne beim drücken der ortungsfunktion,da blinken die Blinker und gleichzeitig piept es,das kann man ein und ausschalten das piepen,steht im Handbuch, gehst du vom roller zu weit weg wenn er auf in steht oder er ist nicht verriegelt piept er auch.
LG
Thomas
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich beim Autor SPONGEBOB für den Beitrag:
DerSchrOEder (So 21. Mai 2023, 11:19)
:lol: YAMAHA NMAX 125 BJ 2022 MILKY WHITE 😋😋😋
DerSchrOEder

[/quote]

I'm almost sure it does, but you need to activate it. :mrgreen:
[/quote]

Thanks!
Learned something new again. :P
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich beim Autor DerSchrOEder für den Beitrag:
GoodKat (Mi 24. Mai 2023, 18:24)
GoodKat

Beitrag von GoodKat »

Themenstarter

You're welcome!

Updates:

The mystery is solved, for anyone who is wondering about this or gets in the same situation as me. The smart key battery was depleted, even though the scooter is brand new (only 1 month since I have it) probably the key battery was old.

Solution: replaced the key battery and the issue was fixed.

Thank you all!
Antworten